Vanilla Tournament III Brackets "Live"

Applicants, Rules, Dates
spadel

Re: Vanilla Tournament III Brackets "Live"

Unread postby spadel » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:37 am

Umeu wrote:
fatal4ronpaul08 wrote:same here. and any decent pc with good connects can up it without lag. would be fine even on a 10 sec delay. great idea man.
the lag would occur in the game while being played, not in the recording. i really hope you are not suggesting that the players in the final will be forced to play with a 10 sec command delay... :zombie:

what spadel is suggesting is the best option imo, have vods of the recordings. i already told chicks that i would be willing to make a vod of the semi-finals/finals recorded games.
i intended to make first person view vods, but without live streaming. my computer is good enough to run both fraps and aoe, so there wont be any lag from my side.. ;)

Umeu

Unread postby Umeu » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:17 am

ye thats also a possibility and wouldnt cause too much lag if any at all. but what most people want i think is that they can see the perspective of both gamers. but i guess 1st person is a good alternative.

LordRaphael

Unread postby LordRaphael » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:39 am

is fraps for free or do you have to buy it ? :)
Gandalf: There never was much hope. Just a fool's hope.

spadel

Unread postby spadel » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:44 am

LordRaphael wrote:is fraps for free or do you have to buy it ? :)
its not for free, but i didnt buy it^^

LordRaphael

Unread postby LordRaphael » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:45 am

spadel wrote:
LordRaphael wrote:is fraps for free or do you have to buy it ? :)
its not for free, but i didnt buy it^^
kk^^
Gandalf: There never was much hope. Just a fool's hope.

Garja

Unread postby Garja » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:26 pm

It will lag anyway. You need a really good comp to run the game on your usual graphic settings and fraps (I think there are better programs for free) without having some random lag spikes for both and quite some frame skipping for the one who's recording. The lag is even harder when you store the game recording for a VOD because the hard disk act as a bottle neck in the process and slow down the whole computer.
In case you want to stream it on twitch or other sites, the net has also to be a good one with some Mb in upload.
Last edited by Garja on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spadel

Unread postby spadel » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:30 pm

i already tested it some weeks ago, it worked fine ;)

Erik95S

Unread postby Erik95S » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:40 pm

Its really a nice idea imo, and seriously.. who cares about lag coz we r speaking about the 2 best 1v1 players in the final ;) so the BEST 1v1 players should be able to play with lag so dont whine pls.. and it isnt sure if it would lag so lets do it imo..

Umeu

Unread postby Umeu » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:42 pm

erik stfu please you dont know what you are talking about. if you want a good game, then it has to be lagfree. and the best players are more affected by lag usually because they are microing individual units way more and thus easier to make a misclick which cannot be corrected in lag. also your entire timing is off, the time you think it takes to train a vil, for your units to finish etc etc not to mention how hard it is to change to melee in lag... i really hope u were joking :pissed:

Garja

Unread postby Garja » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:25 pm

pasi how did u tested? cause recording 1 game isnt the same as recording for longer.
Also what could happen is that u see it in lower frame rate than usual (like 40 for example) which isnt that bad for you but the other player may run instead on 60fps and have occasional lag spikes which is rather bad instead.
This is what also happens when someone runs the game with high graphics and cant handle it at 60fps or more.

And lol Erik, lagfree is priority number 1 if you want good games.