New to AOM

Age of Mythology Discussion Forum.
Mirez
Staff
Staff

Re: New to AOM

Unread postby Mirez » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:26 am

Well you can do a 4:30 oranos for a year but then you would still suck at every other god and every other build/strat. The same can be said about the Isis fast heroic, but to a lesser extend.
If you play greeks and learn the game (by which I mean, know the matchups, the maps, common strategies) you won't have to rely on strategies or build orders to play. At which point switching to other civs won't be as hard nor playing under different circumstances, like playing on non-standard maps. This is the reason experts at supremacy become experts at any scenario they play almost instantly.
For example the FIRST time jayq played tiny I almost lost to him when I had already played over 300 games of tiny.
Magic/Weasel instantly became a Deathmatch "expert" the second they decided to play Deathmatch.

Clown
Staff
Staff

Re: New to AOM

Unread postby Clown » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:26 pm

And I know that there was a point in time before I explored Zeus a bit that I was in way too much love with the Oranos 4:30, and indeed, if you follow certain RTS principles, I suppose you could pick up any culture in any closely related game notwithstanding the unique quirks of one game over another (i.e., powers, home cities, etc.).