The best god of each civ?

Age of Mythology Discussion Forum.
HellBlader

The best god of each civ?

Unread postby HellBlader » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:02 am

Who do you think is the best god on each civ and why?

I have always thought that the best ones are Zeus (for his mirmidons) and Thor (for his armor and flexible economy) in the case of greeks and norses, but for eggys and attys I've always seen that the best ones are Isis and Oranos, but I don't know why, so if anybody could explain me this it would be great.

And of course, share your opinion based on your games and what you can use, not only on what everybody says.

Clown
Staff
Staff

Re: The best god of each civ?

Unread postby Clown » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:07 am

From what I can remember in my games, I think that Zeus, Isis, Thor, and Oranos are the most popular of their respective cultures, if not the best; but then, taking advantage of economic flexibility or some of these strats or unit combos that are specifically hard to stop is dependent on the player. You have to rush properly with turma raiding or put enough villagers on favor soon enough in order to aim for that collossi spam.

Mirez
Staff
Staff

Re: The best god of each civ?

Unread postby Mirez » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:34 am

Greeks: Zeus obviously, he automatically wins vs norse on watermaps. Is on of the few gods that can beat Isis has a strong athena rush and a strong lategame. He's quite versatile as well and can do multiple tasks in teamgames such as athena rushing, raiding with cav or cents, 2/3tc boom, fast mythic, skylla rush.
Norse: Thor, has the best economy in the game. Is a great god in teamgames and wins a lot of games with Rag+FW.
Egyptians: Isis, best god in the game. Has no weak matchups, can beat any god on any map. Has a strong heroic and lategame but can also be agressive with anubites in classical. Godpower immunity makes her extremely hard to rush.
Atlantheans: Oranos, easy to play and has only one bad matchup (loki on high hunt). Can beat all gods with one strategy. This strategy also works great in teamgames, Oranos is probably the most used god in RTSL/Clan Wars teamgames.